Our Savior's Lutheran Church
805 Birch St
PO Box 67
Lamberton, MN 56152
The congregation at Our Savior's Lutheran Church is currently in interim ministry. We feel that the Lord is preparing our next pastor who will lead our congregation and be a part of our family and community. We are also confident that the Lord is preparing the congregation of Our Savior's and the community of Lamberton to recognize, welcome, and support our next pastor.
A little about us.
In 1953, Zion Lutheran Church of Lamberton decided to build a new church building. Land on the southeast corner of Lamberton was purchased where the church would be built, and still is today. The first service was held on August 28, 1955 and the building was dedicated July 15, 1956.
In 1968, a new congregation was born. This congregation was formed from 4 churches, Christ Lutheran Church of Wanda, MN, St Matthew's Lutheran Church of Waterbury Township, Sharon Lutheran and Zion Lutheran of Lamberton. This new congregation would be called Our Savior's Lutheran Church. In January of 1971, the congregation voted to build a $100,000 addition to the east side of the structure.
The new addition was completed in 1972 and included a new kitchen, fellowship hall, church offices, and space for Sunday school rooms. The old basement area was converted into education rooms. In 1977, we celebrated a "Mortgage Burning Ceremony" as the church became debt free. In 1978, we began using 'Lutheran Book of Worship' for morning services. In 1979, the stained glass art windows commemorating the four parent churches of Our Savior's were installed in the Narthex. In January of 1988 we became a part of the ELCA. In October of 2000, the congregation joined LCMC/Word Alone, but was still also affiliated with the ELCA. In February of 2005, the congregation voted to leave ELCA, and since that time we have been affiliated with LCMC.
In the summer of 2000, the Courtyard was planted for our congregation to enjoy with many donated plants, bushes, and monetary gifts. Included in this secluded sanctuary are flowers, a water fountain entitled "Rebecca at the Well", a gazebo, and numerous bushes. A beautiful stained glass insert window was installed looking into the area. God has also blessed us with the ability to make some needed changes to our church, including: new carpeting and painting of the west entry (2006); pews refinished and extra book holders installed (2007); west end boilers were replaced (2008); printed new Our Savior's Song Books for worship (2009); organ renovation and midi system installed (2010); new sound system and microphones installed (2010); new computer system and printer in the secretary's office (2010); roof repairs to the Vestry Hall and Fellowship Hall (2010-2011).
Integral parts of our church today are the Church Council, which consists of 8 members, Our Savior's Woman's Group, Altar Guild, Ladies Circles, Bible Study, confirmation instruction, Vacation Bible School, Sunday school, and Luther League. Our worship services are mainly traditional, but in January 2009 we added a Contemporary Service on the 3rd Sunday of each month. We have a talented group of people that lead us in song during this service. 9th graders are confirmed in May of each year. Our ladies group holds a Senior Brunch the end of May to honor our graduating seniors. First communion for our 5th graders is held following Vacation Bible School where students commune for the first time with their family. We also present Bibles to our 3rd graders in September. We are blessed to have many people that give of their time to lead our youth. Our young members are able to participate in Sunday school, Vacation Bible School, and Luther League. Each December our Sunday school children hold a Christmas program. The Luther League goes on a mission trip every other year. In July of 2018, the mission trip took them to the Lake Traverse reservation in Sisseton, SD. Many said it was a life changing experience for them. Our Savior's Lutheran Church currently has 580 baptized members and 450 confirmed members. Our Sunday school has an average of 80 students, and we average over 100 for our weekly Sunday services.
Lamberton is a friendly rural agricultural community of approximately 800 people in southwest Minnesota. We are home to Red Rock Central High School (ranked as the 37th best high school in Minnesota), Highwater Ethanol Plant, Meadowland Farmers Coop, Valley View Manor Senior Care Center, and the University of Minnesota Southwest Research and Outreach Center. We feel we have much to offer for a small town including a grocery store, plumbing shop, electricians, medical clinic, chiropractor, and much more. We are only a short drive to larger towns like Redwood Falls, Mankato, New Ulm, and Marshall.
The mission of Our Savior's Lutheran Church is to demonstrate Christ's Spirit through worship, witnessing, and ministry to the needs of the people of this church and the community.